Electronic version of many journal articles are available on Purdue’s e-Pubs site for the Birck Nanotechnology Center. For all other papers, please send requests by email.
- T.S. Fisher, Thermal Energy at the Nanoscale, Vol. 3 in Lessons from Nanoscience: A Lecture Notes Series, ed. M. Lundstrom, World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore, 2014.
- G. Xiong, A. Kundu, T.S. Fisher, Thermal Effects in Supercapacitors, part of the series: SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology: Thermal Engineering and Applied Science (ed. F.A. Kulacki), Springer, New York, 2015.
Journal and Conference Papers
The most up-to-date listings are available through:
- S. Sadasivam, Y. Che, Z. Huang, Liang Chen, Satish Kumar, T.S. Fisher, “The atomistic Green’s function method for interfacial phonon transport,” Annual Reviews of Heat Transfer, Vol. 17, Ch. 4 (pp. 89-145), Begell House Publishers, 2014.
- X. Wang, B.A. Cola, T.L. Bougher, S.L. Hodson, T.S. Fisher, X.F. Xu, “Photoacoustic measurement of carbon nanotube thermal interface materials,” chapter in Vol. 16, Annual Reviews of Heat Transfer, Begell House Publishers, 2013 (DOI: 10.1615/.2012004780).
- J.C. Claussen, J. Shi, C.S. Rout, M.S. Artiles, M.M. Wickner, M. Stensberg, D.M.Porterfield, T.S. Fisher, “Nano-sized biosensors for medical applications,” Ch. 8 in Biosensors for Medical Applications, Edited by Professor Séamus Higson, Woodhead Publishing Limited, UK, 2012 (ISBN 978-1-84569-935-2).
- P.B. Amama, M.R. Maschmann, T.S. Fisher, “Enhanced Control of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Properties Using MPCVD with DC Electrical Bias,” Chapter 12, in Electronic Properties of Carbon Nanotubes, edited by Jose Mauricio Marulanda, 2011 (ISBN 978-953-307-499-3).
- J.C. Claussen, J. Shi, A.R. Diggs, D.M. Porterfield, T.S. Fisher, “Electrochemical biosensors based on carbon nanotubes,” Ch. 8 (pp. 187-217) of Carbon Nanomaterials, in Volume 9 of Nanomaterials for Life Sciences, ed. C. Kumar, Wiley-VCH, 2011 (ISBN 978-3-527-32169-8).
- B.A. Cola, T.S. Fisher, X.F. Xu, “Carbon nanotube array thermal interfaces,” Ch. 6 (pp. 101-118) in Carbon Nanotubes: New Research, ed. A. P. Ottenhouse, Nova Science Publishers, 2009.
Maintained by Purdue’s e-Pubs dissertation site, typically posted approximately 1-2 years after completion (full access to Purdue and CIC communities; partial access to others).
- A.D. Tuesta, Optical spectroscopy and Langmuir probe diagnostics of microwave plasma in synthesis ofgraphene-based nanomaterials, 2014.
- A.S. Kousalya, Carbon-based nanostructured surfaces for enhanced phase-change cooling, 2014.
- A. Kumar, Graphene decorated substrates and their interfacial characteristics, 2013.
- G. Xiong, Synthesis of graphene nanomaterials and their application in electrochemical energy storage, 2013.
- P.T. McCarthy, Thermal energy harvesting and solar energy conversion utilizing carbon-based nanomaterials, 2013.
- K.C. Smith, The influence of particle shape on structure, mechanics, and transport in granular materials, 2012.
- R.A. Sayer, Measurement of electrical self-heating for thermal characterization of MEMS and NEMS structures, 2011.
- D. Singh, Frequency and polarization resolved phonon transport in carbon and silicon nanostructures, 2011.
- Z. Huang, Multi-scale simulation of phonon transport across heterogeneous interfaces, 2010.
- D.B. Go, Ion generation and ionic wind heat transfer at millimeter and micrometer scale, 2008.
- B.A. Cola, Photoacoustic characterization and optimization of carbon nanotube array thermal interfaces, 2008.
- A.D. Franklin, Vertical devices from single-walled carbon nanotubes templated in porous anodic alumina, 2008.
- T.L. Westover, Energy transport and conversion in electron emission processes, 2008.
- S.S. Kim, Protein adsorption on carbon nanotubes for biosensor applications, 2008
- M.R. Maschmann, Controlled synthesis of templated vertical carbon nanotube structures, 2006
- W. Zhang, Sub-continuum ion transport in air and phonon transport in nanostructures, 2006
- J. Zhang, Thermal processes in sodium borohydride hydrogen storage systems, 2006
- J. Xu, Carbon nanotube array thermal interfaces, 2006
- R. Garg, Numerical simulation and emission diagnostics of the gas-phase growth environment during carbon nanotube synthesis by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition, 2006
- D.J. Schlitz, Microscale ion driven air flow, 2004